Why My Stun Gun Is Not Working? Stun Guns are the second most popular non-lethal weapons for self defense. They are very durable and effective. They are so dependable that many companies offer a lifetime warranty on their stun guns. However, there are some times when you may experience problems with your stun gun and it does not work.
WHY MY STUN GUN DOES NOT WORK
1. If your stun gun is not working, the first thing you want to do is to read your instructions.
2. Next, you want to make sure you have fully recharge the stun gun if the stun gun is rechargeable. You should fully charge the stun gun when you first get the stun gun for a least 8 to 12 hours.
3. Next, you should make sure you are using the correct type of batteries for the stun gun. Most stun guns require a Energizer Eveready Alkaline Battery. If you use another type of battery, many stun guns will not work.
4. Make sure you are not dry firing the stun gun. This is when you keep pulling the trigger on the stun gun without using it on a person. Dry Firing is prohibited when it comes to stun guns. Dry Firing will burn out your stun guns. Also, it has potential to void your warranty. It’s okay to do a one second test on the stun gun periodically to make sure the stun gun is working. NO DRY FIRING.
5. Some stun guns have a button to fire the stun gun and a button to activate the safety switch or flashlight. You should make sure you are pressing the correct button when you are trying to fire the stun gun.
6. If your stun gun is not working, the battery may be dead. Simply replace the old battery with a new battery. Make sure you use a Energizer Eveready Alkaline Battery.
7. Remember when using the stun gun on an attacker, you must keep it on the attacker for at least 3 to 5 seconds.